When God Says Wait: navigating life’s detours and delays without losing your faith, your friends, or your mind
Are you in a season of waiting? I’m waiting for answered prayer, so this book grabbed my attention. I’m so glad I opened its pages, as it is a treasure trove of honest encouragement. Elizabeth Laing Thompson writes with warmth, humor, creativity, and wisdom. You feel as if you’re having a conversation with a friend.
Each chapter begins with a creative retelling of a person in the Bible who endured a season of waiting. Then, Elizabeth shares personal anecdotes and stories from her friends’ seasons of waiting. She offers fresh insight into Bible passages which will help you grow and thrive, no matter how long your season of waiting lasts.
Here are a few of my favorite quotes from When God Says Wait:
- Waiting is not a punishment from God; it is a part of life. Everyone waits for things, even the most righteous of people.
- Worship proves especially powerful in times when God feels distant and our prayer life feels blocked.
- Don’t just sit around waiting for the life you want; fill the days you have. Try new things. Take new risks. Remain social. Get out of the house. Keep your life fun and interesting.
- Heartache and hurt drove David closer to God, not farther away; disappointment and delay made him better, not bitter.
- Praise reminds us of His power; gratitude reminds us of His goodness. Together praise and gratitude protect our hearts and restore our hope.
This book will inspire new hope and greater faith, no matter what your season of waiting looks like. I hope you choose to add When God Says Wait to your reading list!
Want more reading suggestions? Visit my book review page for many more recommendations, including these:
Questions for reflection:
What season of waiting are you in right now?
Which quote from the book encourages you?
Join me tomorrow as my blog series “Meeting God in the Garden” continues. In the meantime, take a virtual tour of my garden and read my most popular post in the series.
Free resources for these books await you if you sign up for my email list below. Sign up here to gain access to these free resources, plus lots of other exclusive content!
This post will be linked up at #mommymoments, #mondaymusings, #momentsofhope, #dreamtogether, #glimpsesofhisbeauty, #soulsurvival, #modestmommondays, #theartofhomemakingmondays, and #livingproverbs31. Visit my linkups page to find links to these wonderful blogs.
Disclosure: Some of the links above are affiliate links.
Enter your email address to receive 5 Days to Greater Peace instantly!