Writing for five unedited minutes on the prompt “Blessing” for Five Minute Friday.
I’ve blogged for more than seven years, and I can count many blessings specific to this blogging world.
- Community. I’ve developed many online friendships through blogging. I even get to meet some of these friends at She Speaks 2017 in a few weeks and at the Come With Me retreat this fall. So excited!
- Discipline. Blogging on a regular basis has developed good habits, both in my writing career and my personal life.
- Knowledge. Through reading many other blogs, I’ve been inspired to tweak and correct my own. I’m always learning by viewing examples, and that helps me improve my own blog.
- Motivation. Knowing that readers expect something new keeps me going.
- Growth. My writing has improved the more often I’ve written and the more I’ve read other blogs.
- Outward focus. The blog posts that get the most feedback are the ones that minister to others, so I have learned to tailor my writing toward readers’ needs.
- Dream fulfillment. I can honestly say I’m a writer since I blog, and that fulfills a long-held dream of mine!
I’m thanking God today for everything in this list. He’s stretched me, sharpened me, and shaped me through blogging, and I’m so grateful for the blessings I’ve received on this journey.
Question for reflection:
What blessings have you received in your blogging journey?
Announcing a brand-new, four-part mini course on Trusting God in Times of Transition.
This post will be linked up at #fmf. Visit my linkups page to find more great blogs.