I’m glad you’ve joined me for day 5 of this 10-day series, “How to Be the Wife He Really Wants.”
How can you breathe creative life into your marriage this Valentine’s Day?
February is the perfect time to inspire your husband’s affection with creativity. Today we’ll look at three areas where you can creatively boost your marriage.
First we’ll look at why this is important. Take a look at this scripture:
My beloved spoke and said to me,
“Arise, my darling,
my beautiful one, come with me.
See! The winter is past;
the rains are over and gone.
Flowers appear on the earth;
the season of singing has come,
the cooing of doves
is heard in our land.
The fig tree forms its early fruit;
the blossoming vines spread their fragrance.
Arise, come, my darling;
my beautiful one, come with me.” Song of Songs 2:10-13 NIV
If you skim through the book of Song of Songs, imagery of flourishing and fruitfulness abounds. As this scripture entails, marriage needs to be a breath of new life in our busy, stressed-out lives. The love this couple celebrates is continually renewed, tended, and abundant. When we breathe newness of life into our marriages through creativity, our first romantic days come back to life.
Listen to this quote by the authors of $10 Great Dates:
Think back to your initial dating days and why you dated each other in the first place. When we ask dating couples (the unmarried type) why they date, we hear comments like ‘Because I’m crazy about her…He makes me happy…I want our relationship to grow’…Wouldn’t it be great if married couples could tap into this same positive energy in an ongoing way? Dating…is a fun way for couples to rejuvenate their love for each other.
Creativity through date nights.
My favorite ideas from the $10 Great Dates book include:
- Just Desserts–Sharing a slice of cheesecake rather than an entire meal, yum!
- Photo Date–Seems like we take more photos of our children than photos as a couple. A selfie spree around town sounds fun and unexpected.
- Breakfast Date–We are both morning people. Maybe we can sneak out for Huddle House one morning while the kids sleep in.
- Time Travel–We can go back to the year 2000 when we met and married. We can share quesadillas, our most popular meal back in those days, watch a movie from 2000, and look at photos from our dating days.
- Three Wishes–Send the kids to Grandma’s house. Meet him at the door and say, “I am your fairy godmother tonight, and I will grant you three wishes.” This would make his month!
Creativity in the kitchen.
What are your husband’s favorite meals? It’s safe to guess his ideal meal includes something from each of these categories:
- Fresh–Crisp salad, fresh seafood, snappy vegetables.
- Creamy–Dips, sour cream or cream cheese, alfredo sauce
- Starchy–bread, rice, noodles
- Spicy or salty–meat dishes, appetizers, sides
- Sweet–The opportunities are endless!
For Valentine’s Day, we will cook a special meal at home rather than fight the crowds. I’ll choose one from each category to make a meal he’ll enjoy. Here are several ways I might spin it:
- Caesar salad, shrimp alfredo over linguine, garlic bread, and cherry cheesecake
- Jambalaya, buttery cornbread muffins, mixed greens salad, and pineapple upside-down cake
- Sirloin steak, twice-baked potatoes, roasted asparagus, and cream cheese swirled brownies
And if you don’t enjoy cooking, you can purchase foods in these categories to put together a meal he’ll love!
Creativity in the bedroom.
When we breathe newness of life into our marriages through creativity, our first romantic days come back to life.
What practical step can you take today to be a creative inspiration to YOUR husband? I would love to hear your suggestions in the comments below!
Photo generously provided by Lillian at Embracing the Lovely. Visit her site for more beauty and inspiration!
Looking for Newness of Life in your current life season?
My book Newness of Life will help you apply Ecclesiastes 3:1-8 so you can understand God’s plan in your current season.
“There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under the heavens.” Ecclesiastes 3:1 NIV
No matter what season you are in, God is teaching you valuable lessons to grow your faith and trust in Him. We will discover what God is saying through the different times and activities we traverse.
This post will be linked up at #dancewithjesus, #faithnfriends, #freshmarketfriday, #graceandtruth, and #fridayfive. Visit my linkups page to find links to these wonderful blogs.
Subscribe below to receive 5 Days to Greater Peace instantly!