Today’s post is based on chapter 6 of my book, Newness of Life.
I’ve done my fair share of crying. The last time I cried was Sunday evening, when I felt overstimulated in a good way from a meeting with other writers. My tears needed to flow to release internal pressure. I felt relieved and reset after those tears fell.
I intentionally seek out times for laughing to counter my serious, melancholy nature. Here are my top ten favorite sources of laughter:
- Giggling with my husband, who shares my dry sense of humor
- Chasing and tickling my children
- Sharing family stories with my sisters
- Sharing inside jokes with two close friends
- Laughing with Laura, my coworker who could moonlight as a comedienne
- Reminiscing on ridiculousness with old classmates
- Watching Vince Vaughn or Will Farrell movies
- Replaying “Groundhog Day” every February
- Jamming to “Mac Daddy,” Toby Mac’s silly song
- Watching Food Network shows starring Guy Fieri or Jeff Mauro
I’d love to hear a few from your top ten list as well in the comments…
Questions for reflection: (please comment below)
In which season has God collected your tears in special bottles?
What sources serve as your time-to-laugh prompts?
Consider joining my Facebook group and leaving your comments there. New members are always welcome!
“There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under the heavens.” Ecclesiastes 3:1 NIV
No matter what season you are in, God is teaching you valuable lessons to grow your faith and trust in Him. We will discover what God is saying through the different times and activities we traverse.
By signing up, you’ll instantly receive the mini book 5 Days to Greater Peace. You’ll also have access to all the encouraging resources in my Library!
* indicates required